Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Spicy Mondays Aren't So Bad...

If you ask the common American about their thoughts on Mondays usually you'll hear something along the lines of... horrible, dreadful, miserable, and unpleasant...(notice how they're all synonyms of bad?) I don't think I've ever met a single person who's favorite day of the week is Monday.



Instead of questioning why this is such a hated day (because I'm sure we all know some of the most common reasons; school, work, etc.), I ask why we let something as insignificant as a day of the week bring us down? The answer lies in you and only you can change the way Mondays affect you.

Instead of focusing on the negative such as how you have to get up at five in the morning, think about how you have a whole week ahead of you and almost anything could happen! Take this day to reminisce about your weekend and share stories with friends, even if you didn't do much over the weekend and don't have a story to tell, it's always enjoyable to hear what other people have to say. I hate to say it, but sometimes we seem to live in a world of pessimists, if only we could learn to focus more on what's good and beautiful about everyday life.

If you're really struggling with Mondays, perhaps try doing something different, take a day off, or find a way to make the day a bit more out of the ordinary. (Maybe even just putting a cookie in your lunch could do the trick!)

Here's what I did last Monday:

Due to it being Martin Luther King Jr. Day, I had the day off from school! In order to take advantage of this, I headed out to the mall with my best friend, Natalie!

Me and Nat :)
 At the mall I couldn't help but do a little bit of damage which I'll be sure to show you in days to come! I had a wonderful time and completely adore the fact that the Forever 21 dressing rooms are pink! Also, the winter style at Forever 21 is by far my all time favorite so be sure to go take a look!


I had bought myself a Starbucks Mocha Frappuccino while shopping and it was actually my fist Starbucks drink! I had high hopes for it and if I'm being honest, I wasn't that impressed... I think I prefer Dunkin'. (It's a lot cheaper too!)

Hope your Monday was good! If not, then there's always next week to spice it up a bit!

Sarahxoxo

No comments :

Post a Comment