Monday, April 2, 2018

Outfits for Spring Break/Summer that Don't Require You to Take Off Your Swim Suit

Recently I've been aching for the warm weather that hasn't quite come yet. Although I adore my jean jacket, I'm ready to put it away and break out the swimwear and mom shorts because hell yeah! Summertime! Not mention, I seem to have better luck thrifting in the summer. So, here's a few outfit ideas for those of you that are in spring break paradise or getting a head start on summer.


Overalls are All You Need

 

Whether you have a two piece or one piece swim suit, overalls are an easy way to achieve a chic look with little effort. Just throw on a pair of Birkenstock sandals and you're good to go! However, if you're like me and you're on a low budget, off brand sandals are a great alternative, like these ones I found at Target. This look can be really cheap if you shop at your local thrift store which is where I found the overalls and bag. You can read my post on the perfect beach bag, here!
 

 
All I did for this look was swap out the bag for a mini backpack, added a black leather belt, and wore my favorite yellow one piece. This look would also look great with a body suit, though I seriously love wearing my swim suits.
 
Show Off Your Skin
 

This next look would probably be best for if you're staying in a beach town because it's more revealing, but hey, if you want to rock this at your local grocery store, nobody's stopping you! I found these loose high-waisted pants at the thrift store (surprise surprise) so honestly a cheap pant in this style would work and they shouldn't be too hard to find. This is an excellent look for the hottest day of the year. Just throw on a pair of mules and you're good to go!
 
Mom Shorts-Dad Shirt
 

I think it goes without saying that majority of this outfit is thrifted. I've found it really easy to find high-waisted mom shorts at the thrift store then I just poked around the mens dress shirts section and found this button up. It's a simple look that will keep the sun off your shoulders or warm you up during an evening beach walk.

 
I find it easy to treat a one piece like a body suit...just with a little more side boob. And that's what this look does. Take a peak in your closet and I'm sure you already own most of these items because I consider them to be staples for summer!
 
swim suits featured in this post
one piece (I'm sorry I couldn't find it in yellow)
 
Hopefully you're as excited as I am for summer and I hope you had a great spring break! Thanks for reading and be sure to leave a comment telling me which look is your favorite or what you commonly wear for summer! See ya next time!
 
Sarahxoxo

3 comments :

  1. The outfit is so cute. I love the denim!
    https://sugarcoatedbears.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'M SO IN LOVE WITH THESE LOOKS. <3 And the yellow swimsuit, oh my gosh. <333

    xx Kenzie | www.paperpizzablog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I've developed such a love for one piece swim suits and it makes me so happy that they're in style. There's just so much comfort with them and I feel like they're flattering for most body types.

      Sarah Grace xoxo

      Delete