Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Earth Day Outfit (But Not Really)


Despite the title, the outfit featured in this post can be worn any day of the year (though it might be considered too hot or too cold for certain seasons). I, however, just happened to be wearing it on Earth Day, thus making it an Earth Day outfit. As one would expect, the weather on this particular day was perfect and my first encounter with warm-ish weather. So, what better way to celebrate our Earth other than basking in all of its natural beauty with a coffee in hand (per usual)? Not to mention, I made a delicious breakfast that morning that will be randomly (awkwardly??) inserted at the end of this post because I take great pride in my culinary abilities and obsession over balsamic glaze. Obviously with that information, you're just dying to read ahead and see the photos that await you. Or at least I'm hoping you are. Hehe :)




My goal with this look was to master a lazy comfortable style, while still looking stylish. To do this, I paired two loose items of clothing that picked up what the other lacked. By that I mean, I wore high waisted mom jeans to cover my stomach that was exposed by the cropped sweater. Both articles were airy in their own ways as well. The sweater is loosely woven, allowing the breeze to run right through it, while the jeans included large holes that I had cut myself. Although I don't remember the prices of either pieces, I know for a fact the jeans were cheaper because they were thrifted!! (are you surprised? -- yeah, me neither). After using a 1/2 inch curling iron to get a natural wave, I felt pretty beach ready and carefree, though maybe that was just the caffeine talking.

Just thought I'd share a little outfit inspo in case you're in need of some like I always am at the end of the school year. And a big thanks to my older sister for being a pretty good photographer!

Get the Look:
ripped mom jeans
cropped sweater (not exact)



AND as promised, here's my delicious breakfast that I'm quite proud of! It's Italian bread toast topped with tomato slices (dipped in olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder), a poached egg (cooked for about 4.5 min because I like them pretty runny), chopped basil, and balsamic glaze drizzled on top. It's definitely one of my favorite breakfasts when I have time to make it!!

Thank you so much for reading! Hopefully another post is coming your way very soon containing prom pictures because I can't wait to show you all my dress (and my cute date hehe)! Until next time!

Sarahxoxo

2 comments :

  1. I love your earth day look! You for sure mastered the lazy comfortable look. I also love how the food looks! It looks so good.
    http://sugarcoatedbears.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And sorry it’s taken me so long to reply! I’m a definite lover of the lazy comfortable look, especially when it involves a cozy sweater!

      Delete