Saturday, March 26, 2016

Vance Joy in Concert and Meeting Jamie Lawson

Fillmore Vance Joy

Instead of doing my usual, in which I either write about makeup or happiness, I'm going to do a bit of a journal entry. Earlier this week I was lucky enough to go see Vance Joy's Fire and the Flood concert.

My best friend, Natalie, had gotten me general admission tickets for my birthday and it's a present I know I'll never forget. This was my first concert and I can't wait to share the details with you!

Before I get into it, though, I'd just like to say that I am in no way trying to brag. I just want to share my experience with those who are interested. Okay...onward!

Vance Joy
 
So, the evening began with Nat and me meeting up with my sister, Rachel, and her friends, Megan and Tori. After waiting in line outside for a while, we finally entered the venue and got our spots in the front row. It was insane! I never dreamed that I'd ever be that close to the stage! While the concert-goes filed in, we chatted with the friendly security guard and did our best to keep our excitement at an acceptable level.
 
Vance Joy
 
Then the concert began with one out of the two opening acts. The first act was Jamie Lawson. If you don't who he is, I highly recommend you go find out, because I swear there isn't one bit of him that isn't made of pure talent. Not only are his songs meaningful and extravagant, his voice actual perfection...and that's an understatement.

Jamie Lawson

The second opening act was Blind Pilot and they were absolutely amazing as well. Their music was so chill and folk, but you could still easily rock out to it! All of the band members were so in to the music, it was contagious!

Vance Joy
 
When it was finally time for Vance Joy to preform, I felt like I was dreaming. After a summer full of playing his album on repeat, it was absolutely crazy to be hearing it live and right in front of me. He was right there and honestly doesn't really look like the picture you see of him online. I have to say, he's not very photogenic haha. Nevertheless, I think his voice sounds even betting live than on the album...actually, I guess they sound exactly the same! Georgia, being my favorite song, was beautiful and everything I thought it would be, plus more. Then towards the end, every jammed out to Riptide.



Jamie Lawson Meet and Greet
I look like such a dweeb, but whatevs!
After the concert finished, Natalie and I went out into the lobby where we got in line to meet Jamie Lawson. It's crazy to think that for my first concert I actually met one of the opening acts!


Jamie Lawson Meet and Greet
 
Over and over I couldn't believe that this was happening to me. I wanted to live in that moment forever and couldn't imagine how I could possible go back to my normal life after that night. It's a story I plan retelling for the rest of my life. (I apologize to those few individuals who will have to listen to it over and over.)


I know that I was incredibly lucky to have all of this happen to me. Just writing about it now makes my heart pound with excitement and puts a smile on my face. It truly was a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Thanks for reading,
Sarahxoxo

No comments :

Post a Comment