Sunday, October 1, 2017

Turning Your Summer Dress into a Fall Outfit



The hardest part about the changing seasons is changing your wardrobe. If you're like me, then you've just spent the past summer building up your collection of shorts, tank tops, and summer dresses and now you're struggling for some autumn inspiration. Instead of heading out to buy new sweaters and flannels, save your money and incorporate your summer wardrobe into your fall wardrobe!
 
 

 


Here is a Brandy Melville summer dress that I had bought at a resale shop. I absolutely love this dress and was sad when I thought that it would have to be put away. It hangs in all the right ways, it's breathable, and the print is gorgeous to look at. It's perfect for summer.
 


To turn this dress into something fall inspired, I threw on a pair of burnt orange tights, a dark green long sleeve shirt, and a hat. Not only will this keep you warm, but it's screaming fall. The key having the perfect fall look is the colors you wear. The colors darken and resemble the leaves and if you can put together the perfect color scheme, you'll have the perfect outfit!
 
Get the Look
 
Thank you so much for reading and hopefully this gave you some inspiration!
 
Sarahxoxo
 
 
 
 


3 comments :

  1. This is such a good technique. I will have to do this too with my spaghetti strap dresses.
    http://sugarcoatedbears.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post was super helpful! Now I can wear my summery flowy dresses in the cold winter days.

    http://thevintagecut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that you found this helpful! I always struggle to find things to wear during the winter because I feel like I'm constantly building up my summer/spring wardrobe and neglecting my winter wardrobe.

      Delete