Sunday, September 24, 2017

5 Ways to Wear a Red Sweater


 Ever since the first time I watched When Harry Met Sally (in particular, the scene where theyre rolling out the carpet in Harry's apartment), I've been searching for a red sweater. It seems like something that would be easy to find, but that doesn't seem to be the case...at least not in my experience. I wanted a quality sweater for a good price which can be hard to come by. As to be expected, I turned to thrift stores to fix my problem. It took a really long time for me to finally find the perfect red sweater, but lo and behold, here it is! And I got it for only $4! So, I thought that this week I'd give you a few outfit ideas for this staple item.
 
 

The Basics
 
Because you can never go wrong with paring two basic pieces together, I put together two simple looks that almost everybody will already have in their closets.
 

Right now we're in that strange in between stage with summer and fall (at least my state is). Some days it's hot, some days it's cold, and most days the mornings are cold while the afternoons are hot. It's frustrating trying to pick out an outfit for warm weather while you're shivering in the early hours. This first look is my attempt at fixing that problem the best I can. Thus, with just a red sweater and blue shorts I found my answer and hopefully you have too!
 


 
Next up for the basics looks is a warmer look for when fall finally settles in nice and cozy. All I had to do was add a pair of jeans then BAM! look #2 was born and ready to wear! I added a pair of blue velvet ankle boots that are the love of my life to give the look a bit more umph if ya get what I mean *winks*
 
Dress It Up


I love this outfit not only because it's cute, but all of it was thrifted. If you're looking for something not as casual as the first two outfits or if you just like airing out those legs, this is the look for you! Just put on a fitted mini skirt, tuck in the front of your sweater, and you're good to go!

Release Your Inner Mom


Once again, this entire outfit was thrifted. This is why you should listen to me when I tell you how great thrifting is!! Within the past year or so, mom jeans have become quite a trend and I love it! they're so comfortable and anything high waisted is right up my ally! These jeans I actually ripped myself and I just think they look so nice with this sweater. Even a black leather belt would look excellent with this look. Although sometimes pricey, mom jeans can be found in so many "hipster" clothing stores so they're easy to find if you want to recreate this look.

Put Some Overalls On It!


I'm a girl that loves her overalls! They can complete any type of look and are super comfortable. I figure, if my 5-year-old self can rock 'em, so can I! As the summer season comes to an end, most stores will probably start filtering clothes like this out so they'll be on sale. I guess you better hop on that and start getting those deals!

Get the Looks:
red sweater
Forever 21 shorts
H&M skinny jeans
Target blue velvet boots
plaid skirt
mom jeans
overalls

Putting together these looks were a lot of fun and hopefully it gave you some inspiration. I'll definitely be wearing these looks to school the next few weeks! Thank you for reading and please come back next Sunday for a new post!

Sarahxoxo

1 comment :

  1. These are cool ways to style a red sweater. I really like the overall look!
    http://sugarcoatedbears.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete