Sunday, August 6, 2017

Throwback to Some 90's Inspiration

 After many hours spent watching Friends and classic movies like Clueless, I've grown a love for 90's fashion. I like how colorful and funky it can be, but I also tried to create a look that wouldn't stand out as much but still stay true to it's time era. The second look I made (pictured above) is more of a classic 90's look, but I'll get into that more throughout the post. Here's two looks I put together that'll hopefully inspire you to channel your inner 90's kid.



This look was definitely inspired by Rachel Green. It's as simple as putting a t-shirt underneath a dress, but still looks like you put a lot of effort into it. That's why I love it so much! I wore a summer dress from Pacsun and put a loose ribbed white t-shirt underneath it. You could also wear a long sleeve shirt underneath instead for the cold months. Then I threw on some Nike socks and Adidas originals (I know, I'm mixing brands) and considered it finished.

Get the Look
*most of my clothing is either from thrift stores or no longer sold, so I do my best to find look-alikes
summer dress
white t-shirt
Adidas sneakers
Nike socks

 

I had so much fun with this look and it's crazy prints. I also never thought I'd end up liking the look of a backwards hat, but I stand corrected. It's such a classic 90's look because everything is loose and comfortable, from the oversized sweater to the loose mom jeans. Both the sweater and jeans were found at a thrift store and I like to think they're authentic, but I'm not sure.

I think pairing any crazy print sweater with a pair of mom jeans will give you that stereotypical 90's look, though the backwards hat is what really pulls it all together.

Get the Look
 *most of my clothing is either from thrift stores or no longer sold, so I do my best to find look-alikes
 sweater
 mom jeans
 baseball hat

Thank you so much for reading and thank you to my wonderful boyfriend for taking these pictures for me! See you next Sunday!

Sarahxoxo













No comments :

Post a Comment