Saturday, July 9, 2016

How To: Contour...But Still Look Natural!


When it comes to makeup, I'm not afraid to try new things. Although, for some reason unknown to me, when it came to contour, I avoided it. I may have avoided it because it's easy to apply terribly wrong and I didn't want to end up looking like a clown with dirt on my cheeks or maybe it's because I just didn't own any contour makeup. Either way, I finally gave it a chance and liked what happened! Now, I'm going to share with you what I did!


So, to begin you'll need:

1. The Profusion Contour Palette (and I used the Real Techniques contour and buffing brushes)


2. COVERGIRL's Cheekers



And that's all you'll need! Now let's get to it!



I've found that the lighter you start out, the better. You can always add more and make it darker. It's a bit more difficult to make a dark line lighter.

I blend by using circular motions with the brush. And again, lighter is the better way to go.

I apologize for not knowing what color my blush is in, but I can't find it anywhere on the package. Also, I like to apply quite a bit because I like how it looks, but you can modify it to your liking.

Feel free to go to town with this! I like to use a lot of highlighter because it's just so shimmery! Sometimes I'll even add some highlighter to right beneath the arches of my eyebrows.

You don't necessarily HAVE to do this, but I think it adds to the look. Also, it makes my face look slightly less uneven haha.

I hope you found this tutorial helpful and that contouring now seems a bit less daunting!
Sarahxoxo


No comments :

Post a Comment