Saturday, May 14, 2016

My Current Favorite Nail Polish


For years and years and years I had the bad habit of biting my nails until they were just chewed up little nubs at the ends of my fingers. It was unsightly, painful, and embarrassing. My parents would constantly tell me to stop doing it, but I just couldn't help it. And due to my nubs, I wouldn't ever paint my nails, frankly because I didn't have any nail to paint. Eventually, however, I stopped biting them and allowed my nail beds to heal and my nails to grow. Now I actually love my hands and my nails, and occasionally like to show them off. So, now I have the pleasure of sharing with you, my favorite nail polish colors.


Because of my nail biting days, I try to keep my nails painted at all times so they look nice and I'm not tempted to bite at them, which means I use A LOT of nail polish. And because I tend to be a perfectionist, all chips must me filled in, otherwise I pick off the entire polish on that one nail. It's ridiculous, I know.

I think I go through fazes with nail polish colors. For a while I used to only paint my nails bright red because it seemed very classic and very retro, which described my style at the time. Now I tend to go for neutral colors, given the exception of the electric blue I love.


Out of all the colors I mention in this post, this is probably my least favorite mainly because of the brand. I like to buy some of the cheapest nail polish I can find at the grocery store, but normally I can still find decent quality. Sally Hansen is my moms favorite brand, but I find that is takes about twelve or more coats for this color to even show up. It's irritating, but I love the color so much, I've found it to be worth it. This is Sally Hansen's "Hard as Nails" in the color Bad To The Bone. It's amazing for when you want to wear nail polish, but don't want to at the same time...do you guys ever feel that way? or is just me?


Let me just start by saying I LOVE LOVE LOVE this color. Some might even say it's sinful how much I love this color. (see what I did there?? haha) I got this nail polish last summer and have loved it all throughout the year. In my opinion, it's perfect for every season, though some may say it's better for fall. Whenever you decide to wear this color, I guarantee it'll look fantastic. I love the Sinful Colors brand. It's one of the cheapest brands at the grocery store, but it's colors look just like they do in the bottle and you only need one to two coats. It's awesome! This color is Sinful Colors' in Nirvana. And this color truly is Nirvana.


I bought this next color only a few weeks ago and it's already made to that special place in my heart where I keep all of my favorite things. It's gorgeous and girly, but not too much. It looks beautiful and sophisticated on your nails and it just all-around perfect. This color is Sinful Colors' in Vacation Time. You can bet I'll be wearing this on vacation!


This last color is electrifyingly amazing! I got it at the same time as Nirvana and I'm starting to realize that it was probably one of my best ever purchases. In fact, I'm wearing this color right now!
It's an amazing color for summer and even matches my new swim suit perfectly. I'm really proud of myself for that! Honestly, I think the color speaks for itself, so yeah, go buy it!! This color is Sinful Colors' in Endless Blue.

Hopefully this gave you some new nail inspiration and what not!
Until next time,
Sarahxoxo

No comments :

Post a Comment