Saturday, May 28, 2016

How To: Winged Eyeliner


Hello again! It's been a long time, hasn't it? Instead posting every Saturday, I've allowed myself to post every other Saturday, which makes it easier on me and I enjoy writing posts more this way.

Anyway, today I thought I'd write a "How To" on winged eyeliner. It's taken me years to be able to draw a decent black line with a flick on my eyelid and it's still not perfect, but I'm happy with it. There are plenty of different ways to do this too, but today I'm just going to tell you how I've been doing lately. Actually, my technique has changed many times and will continue to. Okay, enough talking... let's get to it!




So for starters, I use Wet n' Wild's Megaliner liquid liner which has a brush applicator, not the marker-like ones...do you even know what I mean by that? I'm pretty sure either kind would work for this because it's fairly simple, but I'm just giving you the little details. And I use liquid liner because its easier to create curvy, clean lines. Honestly, if you're capable of doing winged eyeliner with a pencil liner, you're a wizard and you should teach me your ways!

(I'd just like to apologize for the way my face looks in the fourth picture, but I'm just going to blame is on an unflattering angle. You're supposed to be looking at my eye makeup anyways! haha)

1. Start with just a very thin line as close to your lashes as possible. This will kind of serve as a base and what to work off of.

2. (Sorry the lighting is different, but the sun can be very unpredictable) Next just draw an angled line that's somewhat long, starting at the corner of your base line towards the end of your eyebrow. I didn't go directly towards the end of my eyebrow because mine are crazy long and I don't know why. Don't worry about this being perfect either, you and always fix it up in the next step!

3. Now just thicken your base line and make the angled line more clean and curved. Really you just have to eyeball it and go with what you think looks good. If you ever mess up a little or aren't happy, I say just add more to cover it up!

Then add some mascara and call it a day!

This takes quite a bit of practice to master so don't worry if you don't get it quite right the first time! Also, if you have a different way of doing this that's perfectly okay! There's so many different ways to do this!

I hope you found this helpful and thanks for reading!
Sarahxoxo

1 comment :

  1. I love this Sarah! I might just do an eye makeup post or something. WHAT AN INSPIRATION YOU ARE

    ReplyDelete